Thursday, June 08, 2006

Dear Knitters

I am on a knitting roll. Delilah helped model this fabulous mohair shawl with ladder yarn embellishments. Now, I realize that it simply looks like a blanket shaped like a triangle. Yes, astute knitters, I understand that is what a shawl is...but there is no pattern involved in this. This project was simply a first 'big piece of wearable yarn' project, but I do believe I was wise in choosing mohair in Foxy Fuschia as my medium. As one can observe, the cat is enthralled by it, and has claimed it as her own. Ah! I shall wrest it back from her without delay...this is to be my 'honeymoon snuggle shawl'. I cannot wait to drape it over my shoulders in the evenings at St. Lucia.



I was concerned that it would not be large enough for my frame, as I have rather broad shoulders and not a little bit of bosom. As it turns out, this shawl drapes around my waist with plenty of give for adjustments. Should I lose more weight, I'll be able to wrap it even closer. I'm simply delighted that the bottom tassle falls just beneath my bum, creating a tail for me to swish, and keep bugs away. I'll pose in it later, and have Michael take a picture, but for now, I am DONE with this particular project and will be moving along to something else.*






*perhaps the capelet, Stuntmother? Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Francesca said...

YO, let's go. I am going to look and see how much of this Crystal Palace stuff I actually have and then I will take it to the beach and knit it.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home