Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Dear Knitters

Yes, I've been busy. I've finished two more hats for my dear friend Madge and her boy-toy. This was a 'trade' art project for the lovely photo those lovebirds sent to Michael and I. I am done with hats for awhile. Seriously. Like, done.
Meanwhile! Pod-Cast craziness! Not only was I highlighted on Cast-On.Com, but my dear friend Paige of Red Light Knitting Pod-Cast read an entry from this blog out loud. I must admit, my writing sounds much better when pretty ladies with nice hair read them. Please, go pay homage to Paige and listen to her podcast. It's fun, it's quirky, and it's filled with anecdotes from our Stitch N' Bitch evenings.

Between the cake ordering, dress fitting, hair and makeup appointment making, I've been, well, you know...SWAMPED. And so I greatly appreciated the sleep-over knit night at Liz's house (a fellow SnB'er). We watched two terribly stupid horror movies (compliments of yours truly) and knitted to our hearts' content. Her sister tackled ribbing (bless her) and I got converted. Liz felted.

Ah, felting!

Liz made this ENORMOUS brown and green and blue striped bag. She'd been weaving in ends for about a month now and the Knit Sleepover was the Night of the Great Felt. I couldn't understand how this huge bag that would honestly fit Liz in it would become a laptop bag. But there it went into the washer, right as the girl heroine of 'High Tension' realized she was the antagonist, thanks to her psychosis. Fifteen minutes later, out came this terrific bag--soaking wet, shrunken, and fuzzy. And just the right size for a laptop. That was it--love at first sight.

I am now making a purse for felting.

42 inches of Stockinette Stitch on Size Seven Needles. I figure I'll be done by next Christmas. Wish me luck. Pictures will be forthcoming...probably of Fritz going slowly nuts. The progression should be interesting. I blame Liz. Liz, this is your fault.

Thanks again to Paige and Brenda. Maybe I should start taking this writing thing--real writing, that is--seriously. Meanwhile, I'll be around on the purl side.

3 Comments:

Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i'm also working on a felted bag right now! but mine is a make it up as i go design.

we'll have to exchange pictures.

mine needs to be done within three weeks.

ACK!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Francesca said...

I love me a felted bag. Felted Bag Fritz GO!

And don't dare stop blogging. Seriously. It's just the wedding. Weddings take oomph and so do blogs. Oomph is now wedding-headed. I am still a loyal Fritz-fan.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

Hey baby! You really should think about the writing thing! You are really good. See you tonight at SNB!

Paige

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home